AN EASY CARE, COASTAL RENOVATION.
The owners of this modest family home in Freshwater on Sydney’s Northern Beaches needed more space to accommodate their growing family.
Salt water and sandy feet are an everyday part of this family’s daily life. Living only a short walk from beautiful Freshwater Beach most days are spent at the beach. When at home, they’re usually outside enjoying the sunshine or cool seabreezes.
In keeping with their coastal lifestyle, the owners wanted all the carpets replaced with easy-care tiled floors in the downstairs living areas. A choice of outdoor living areas was a priority.
Large doors and a large server were installed off the kitchen and adjacent family room leading out to the timber deck and backyard. Skylights were installed into the beautiful, v-lined vergola, flooding it with natural light and converting it into another living area that can be enjoyed all year round. A gas fireplace was added for cosy nights at home when it’s too cold to be outside.
The large, second-storey addition added a much-needed master suite with ensuite bathroom and walk-in-robe, plus another bedroom.
The original exterior of the house was rendered and painted. A new tiled roof in Monument was added. This refreshed the entire exterior, giving it a contemporary, coastal vibe.
Renovation and second storey addition summary
- Render and paint the original exterior.
- New tile roof.
- Second storey addition comprising master suite with ensuite bathroom and additional bedroom.
- New tile flooring in downstairs living areas.
- New outdoor entertaining deck with v-lined, timber roof and skylights.
- Plantation shutters in upstairs rooms.
- Kitchen renovation.
- Main bathroom renovation.
- New doors and windows throughout.
- Integrated gas heater installation in the family room.
- Landscaping and lawn turf.