AN ENTERTAINER’S PARADISE.
Full interior and exterior house renovation at Collaroy on Sydney’s Northern Beaches.
The same family had owned this substantial home for decades. With the children grown up and with families of their own, the owner’s priorities had changed and they wanted to transform this spacious charmer into an entertainer’s paradise – a place where family and friends could congregate, with plenty of space for grandchildren to play and stay.
The original Spanish-style home was built in the 1960s. It had great bones but the floor plan was piecemeal and there was no ‘flow’ from the indoors to the outside.
To create the large, open-plan living areas, complete with new kitchen and flooring throughout, we removed several internal walls which instantly opened up the space. We installed huge sliding doors along all walls leading out to the central, covered deck. The seamless flow from the inside to the outdoor entertaining, pool and garden was spectacular!
The master suite is now conveniently located away from the main living areas. Complete with a sunny balcony, the owners now have a private retreat they can escape to when guests come to stay.
The huge deck can now be enjoyed all year round, no matter the weather. The integration of skylights and downlights transformed it into a bright and inviting space to relax and entertain, even on the gloomiest of days.
Flowing directly onto the deck are now several living areas offering multiple areas for adults and children to congregate – together or separately.
Importantly, the pool is clearly visible from the interior living areas so children can be adequately supervised.
The property exterior received a contemporary upgrade with the addition of a new roof, the old brickwork was rendered and painted, and the grounds landscaped.
In this clever renovation, every available space was utilised to take advantage of the great bones of the property. The result was spectacular and this beautiful home, which holds so many memories for the family, will now be a place to gather for many more decades to come.
HOUSE RENOVATION SUMMARY
- Render and paint exterior brickwork.
- New roof installation.
- New, all-weather timber deck. Skylight and downlight installation.
- New kitchen.
- Timber flooring in living areas. Carpet in bedrooms.
- Gyprock walls and ceilings. Downlight installation. New skirting boards. Painting.
- Removal of old doors and windows, replace with large, sliding doors and new windows, including louvre windows.
- Custom cabinetry in main living area with gas heater integration.
- Hang new blinds throughout.
- Frameless glass pool fence installation.
- Bathroom renovations x 3 (2 x main + 1 x ensuite).
- Rainwater tank installation.
- Exterior pergola timberwork and garden latticework.